Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Thing 8

1. Graphic organizer using bubbl.us



2.  A word cloud using Wordle.



3.  How can this be useful for students.

In my district we currently use Thinking Maps (aka graphic organizers) with our students to help them better process the information that has been given to them.   It seems to be working because I have had students ask me if they could use a Thinking Map to take notes verses the note form that I would give them.  

I think using something like bubbl.us would get more students interested in using a graphic organizer because they wouldn't have to use pencil and paper and can easily save it in their storage drive at school.  I could see them using it to outline a unit prior to the unit being taught.   They would easily be able to go back and revise their organizer that would be the most beneficial to them as the unit material is being taught.

No comments:

Post a Comment