Saturday, June 2, 2012

Thing 3 -Google Docs

Since my district has gone the way of Google Docs this past school year, I have had the opportunity to use Google Docs to communicate and share projects like this one with my students.  I do like the fact that once my students open the Google Doc, it's automatically saved in their document/drive folder.  That way, they can't say they lost the directions.  Plus my students are able to send me their written projects via Google Docs at anytime and anywhere.

I also like the ability to share and edit a document with others through Google Docs.  This cuts out having to save the document, then attach it to an email before sending each time a revision is made.  The editing a shared document is instantaneous.

Personally, I still like using Word for typing because it is what I am use to using and I currently know more about it's features than the features of a text document in Google Docs.  But I am sure I will know more the more I use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment