Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Thing 2-Face of Your Classroom

https://sites.google.com/a/wyomingps.org/ms-harris-mathematics/

This is my website that I created using Google Docs.  I decided to create it for this school year as a tool for students to access what they missed in class, provide them with additional resources and so they wouldn't ask me a zillion times "what did I miss in class yesterday?"  Needless to say, my students still ask.

I will say that it did take some time (days) for me to set it up because it was all new to me.  But after the initial frustration blew over it did get a little easier.

1 comment:

  1. Nice work Trina! I think that you have put together a great site for your students. For next year, I would highly suggest that you introduce students to your website on the first day. This will help students understand that your website is an important piece of your classroom.

    Also, maybe a goal you can set for yourself next year is to add more instructional content to your website. It's great that you use it as a place to put your stuff that students might have missed (or lost), but students will value it even more if they use it to navigate to new instructional content. This change will open up new opportunities for instruction and engagement.

    ReplyDelete