Monday, May 28, 2012

Thing 1 Shortcuts


1.  The double click shortcut to highlight a word is so much easier to use than having to place the cursor and drag it.  Definitely a time saver.

2.  The underline feature for a full line across is useful but I'm not sure if I would use it that much.  Is there a shortcut way of just wanting to underline a word or several words other than highlighting them and using command u?

3.  The hyperlink didn't work as well as I thought it would for me. I got really frustrated with this one!!  Maybe I'm doing something wrong.  I tried copying and pasting the web page I wanted to hyperlink and I wasn't able to paste into the box provided.   I had to manually type in the web page.  Below is a screenshot of what I am talking about.  I used a Word document from a few years ago and I'm not sure if it's compatible with MS Office 2011 that I am using.


4.  The Find shortcut was pretty cool to use.  Didn't know that even existed.

5.  Maybe it's just me but the format painter shortcut seems more complicated than just doing the formatting the "old fashioned" way.   Not promising to use this shortcut unless I'm offered a million bucks.   :)


  I Jing!  You Jing!  We all Jing!

Okay, I am starting to love this!!  I can see this as being very useful in my classroom to point out key concepts, adding tips to homework problems, being able to use visuals embedded into notes and having students using Jing! in their projects.


1 comment:

  1. Trina,

    I have a few answers to your questions:

    2. Unfortunately, there is no quicker way (that I know of) to underline multiple words. Command–U is going to be your best option.

    3. I have run into similar frustrations with adding a hyperlink in Microsoft Word. After pasting in the URL, did you try hitting the backspace one time? I have seen it before that an extra space is added to the end of the URL, which makes the box look like its blank.

    I hope this info helps!

    ReplyDelete